Seize the Tuesday #21

Seize the Tuesday is a book blogger meme created by Adi Alsaid and the Let’s Get Lost Buddies Street Team, to share stories about how we’v...

Seize the Tuesday is a book blogger meme created by Adi Alsaid and the Let’s Get Lost Buddies Street Team, to share stories about how we’ve seized the Tuesday, with a special focus on the particular book we're reading. We’ll post on as many Tuesdays as possible and share our posts online with the hashtag:#LetsAllGetLost. If you loved Let’s Get Lost then join the LGL Buddies on Facebook and help promote the book!

---

Under a Painted Sky

Author: Stacey Lee
Pages: 348
Published by: G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
Published on: March 17th 2015
A powerful story of friendship and sacrifice, for fans of Code Name Verity. Missouri, 1849: Samantha dreams of moving back to New York to be a professional musician—not an easy thing if you’re a girl, and harder still if you’re Chinese. But a tragic accident dashes any hopes of fulfilling her dream, and instead, leaves her fearing for her life. With the help of a runaway slave named Annamae, Samantha flees town for the unknown frontier. But life on the Oregon Trail is unsafe for two girls, so they disguise themselves as Sammy and Andy, two boys headed for the California gold rush. Sammy and Andy forge a powerful bond as they each search for a link to their past, and struggle to avoid any unwanted attention. But when they cross paths with a band of cowboys, the light-hearted troupe turn out to be unexpected allies. With the law closing in on them and new setbacks coming each day, the girls quickly learn that there are not many places to hide on the open trail. This beautifully written debut is an exciting adventure and heart-wrenching survival tale. But above all else, it’s a story about perseverance and trust that will restore your faith in the power of friendship. 

--- 

How did I Seize the Tuesday...

Guys, I'm rewatching Avatar. No, not the blue people avatar, The Last Airbender Avatar. Yup! Since Legend of Korra recently just ended and with The 100 not being aired until fall, I had to watch a show again. I decided to rewatch Airbender because I haven't watched it in so long and was missing it so much. I started about last week and am already halfway through season 2! I just love going through feelings I had for the show and I realize how much of it I have forgotten about it since the first time I watched it. I honestly think Korra wasn't as good as Airbender, and we don't even need to talk about the movie! Based on the trailer, I refused to watch it. Now I present to you...a glorious Airbender GIFs!
So how can you Seize the Tuesday? Well go outside, learn something new, pamper yourself! Spread around this Seizing and enjoy the day! Or should I say…Seize? So tell me: How have you Seize the Tuesday?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top