Mid-Month Reading Update #9

Hello everyone! Welcome to November's Mid-Month Update! I hope you all have had a pretty okay November so far and are excited for Than...

Hello everyone! Welcome to November's Mid-Month Update! I hope you all have had a pretty okay November so far and are excited for Thanksgiving which means, a shit ton of food, Black Friday, and no school. I know I am. Now? To the update?

---

The Rose Society

Author: Marie Lu
Pages: 395 
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
Release Date: October 13th 2015
Once upon a time, a girl had a father, a prince, a society of friends. Then they betrayed her, and she destroyed them all. Adelina Amouteru’s heart has suffered at the hands of both family and friends, turning her down the bitter path of revenge. Now known and feared as the White Wolf, she and her sister flee Kenettra to find other Young Elites in the hopes of building her own army of allies. Her goal: to strike down the Inquisition Axis, the white-cloaked soldiers who nearly killed her. But Adelina is no heroine. Her powers, fed only by fear and hate, have started to grow beyond her control. She does not trust her newfound Elite friends. Teren Santoro, leader of the Inquisition, wants her dead. And her former friends, Raffaele and the Dagger Society, want to stop her thirst for vengeance. Adelina struggles to cling to the good within her. But how can someone be good, when her very existence depends on darkness?

---

What I Have Read...

  • The Rose Society
  • The Raven Boys
  • The Truth About Lies
  • Hunter
  • Dare to Dream
  • For the Record
  • Diamonds are Forever
I am not too upset about my progress with this month's TBR but really I kinda am. Currently half way through The Rose Society. I probably wouldn't be too upset with that if I wasn't SO BEHIND ON MY NANOWRIMO (will get more into that...). Anyways, I definitely think that I will be able to finish the other four books before the end of November. It does kind of frustrate me though because sometimes I take a whole week on a book and I don't even know why. I mean I'm not a super busy person so there is definitely something wrong here if it takes me a week to read a 300 page book. 

---

What's Been Happening

Feel like there isn't going to be a lot in this section but we will definitely see how that goes. Well, if you didn't know, I am doing NaNoWriMo this month! That is why there has been a lack of reviews is because I am trying to do NaNoWriMo. How is that going for me? I don't know that this point. I am sooo behind on writing I don't know if I will ever catch up. 13k words behind so during Thanksgiving break when I will be home all day, I am going to try really hard to catch up and hopefully end this NaNoWriMo victorious! 

So if you didn't know, I sprained my knee about two weeks ago. Yeah, it was pretty bad. I mean I did something to it on Tuesday during PE and couldn't walk by 10am on Wednesday. Went home and got meself some crutches Thursday. It has definitely healed and I can walk on it but I am still using the brace because it is not fully healed. First time I have ever had to go to the hospital for an injury though... Funny story. When I was at the hospital and on my way for an x-ray I was rolled past people, old people may I mention and they had canes, and they would give me dirty looks as I, a healthy looking girl, rolled past them in my wheelchair thing.

sometimes old people need to understand that we young people are not infinite. 

So tell me: How is your month going?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top