Top Ten Tuesday #18

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme held over at Broke and Bookish. Each week there is a topic and we list off our top ten items based on th...

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme held over at Broke and Bookish. Each week there is a topic and we list off our top ten items based on that topic.

---

Ten Of My Most Recent 5 Star Reads

1. The Shadow Queen by CJ Redwine
This one is my most recent 5-star reads and probably one of the few retellings I had ever read. I really loved this book. It had a great storyline, magic, and the characters were great. I really can't wait for the next book because that means *whispers* I get to read more fro the Ravenspire world!

2. The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry
This book was a pretty exciting release for me, reading it was just as exciting, and I loved it. The writing was fabulous, the ending was just so beautiful, and the plot and different aspects make this book very unique. Definitely cannot wait to read more from Emily.

3. Underwater by Marisa Reichardt
Ahhh Underwater was a great read. It had great characters and I especially loved the character development that went on during this book. The main character grows tremendously and it was so awesome to be able to read something like that.

4. Just Visiting by Dahlia Adler
This was Lit Up Review's January Spotlight Book Club read and I really enjoyed it. The characters were really great, there is diversity and people of color in the book (!!!), and I really loved the plot and settings in this book. If you want a fun read with great diverse characters, definitely check out this book.

5. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Illuminae was such a fabulous read omg. It kept me up (something a book has not done to me in awhile) and I enjoyed every page of it. The plot was beautiful and it kept me on my toes throughout the whole book. Also, the ending killed me and I basically sitting in my grave, waiting for the next book.

6. The Rose Society by Marie Lu
I honestly waited so long to read this book (and I really don't know why.) and it was sooo good. Marie Lu again manages to completely amaze me with her books, no matter the genre. I fell more in love with the characters and I am so excited to read more with this story line. 

7. Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas
This book is probably my favorite out of all the Throne of Glass books, next to Crown of Midnight. I got through this book soo quickly and really loved it. It was definitely a change compared to the other books in this series though. We get to see a new side of Aelin, more of the other minor characters, and the ending was just sooo epic. I cannot wait to be able to finally read the next books.

8. Dumplin' by Julie Murphy
Dumplin' was such an awesome read. I loved the great message it sent and the characters were honestly so great. This was my first Julie Murphy read and it made me pretty excited for her debut novel, which is a book I have yet to read. This was a fabulous read though and if you're looking for a more realistic read when it comes to one's body, definitely try out Dumplin'.

9. Violent Ends by Shaun Hutchinson 
Ugh, this was such a great book, and a unique one at that. Violent Ends is basically a book of short written by different authors and these stories basically are told in perspectives of the characters who were affected by the situation or the shooter. It was actually really interesting how much one person could have on so many's people's lives and I loved how the stories weren't told about the shooting but rather the shooter.

10. Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman
Another great Erin Bowman read. I was actually really intrigued by the whole Western thing because at the time, I had only read one Western novel (Under a Painted Sky) and wanted to expand more. I actually first didn't plan on reading this one but am so glad I did BECAUSE IT WAS SO GOOD. I loved the characters, plot, and the Western feel and setting was just amazing. If you're looking for a Western, definitely go for Vengeance Road.

So tell me: Have you read of these books and what did you rate them? Any books you haven't read but want to?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top