The Hamilton Book Tag

Hello everyone and welcome to a super exciting tag post! The Hamilton Tag, whooo! I have recently (lol 2 months ago) become obsessed with ...

Hello everyone and welcome to a super exciting tag post! The Hamilton Tag, whooo! I have recently (lol 2 months ago) become obsessed with Hamilton so I thought it was very right to be doing this tag, also Xan from Twirling Pages tagged me in this tag so there was no way I couldn't do this tag after that. I had a really fun time answering these questions based on songs that I love and I hope you enjoy. If you haven't listened to Hamilton then GET ON TO ITTT! DON'T WAIT FOR IT! DON'T THROW AWAY YOUR SHOT TO LISTEN TO IT BECAUSE WE'RE SO LUCKY TO BE ALIVE RIGHT NOW AROUND THE SAME TIME HAMILTON IS A THING. Don't throw away your shot at this great musical and just a warning, you will probably never be satisfied by it. Enjoy the tag and watch out for spoilers!

---

The Room Where It Happens - Book world you would put yourself in

This book is pretty much a no-brainer for me. DUH HARRY POTTER! I love the Harry Potter world and I have always wanted to go to Hogwarts, hang out at Hogsmeade, and experience what it is like on the train to Hogwarts. With the new Harry Potter land at Universal Studios opening up in LA, I am only one step closer to being able to experience the Harry Potter land but I will never be satisfied.

The Schuyler Sisters: Favorite female friendship

There are so many good books with really strong friendships between two ladies but my favorite has to be Samantha and Annamae from Under a Painted Sky. I mean, these two came from two totally different backgrounds but were such good friends to each other as they went through traveling West and it was so great to read about them becoming friends through the book.


My Shot - A character that goes after what they want and doesn't let anything stop them

Illuminae was a book that I had read pretty recently and enjoyed it so much. One of those reasons was because I really enjoyed the characters, especially Kadie. I love how much of a determined person she is and really does not stop at anything to get what she wants. I really look forward to reading a little more about her in the next Illuminae book.

Stay Alive - A character you wish was still alive [Throne of Glass Spoiler!]

As someone who doesn't read much of those books with tons of death, I haven't read many characters deaths in awhile but the one that sticks out to me the most was Nehemia's death. Not only was it such a sad death, Nehemia was such a great character and also had so much she wanted to do and it was really sad to see that she never got to the chance to do what she wanted to do. Her death also had a huge affect on Celaena and Nehemia staying alive would have been so great but alas, I do understand why she had to go.

The Reynolds Pamphlet - A book that was going pretty well but then ruined itself 

I am a person that usually enjoys what she reads. I rarely give a book lower than a 3-star rating, and that is usually because I generally enjoy the books I read. However, there was one book that was going pretty okay but then the ending completely ruined it for me and that was What's Broken Between Us. Before the ending, I probably would have given the book maybe a 3 to 4-star rating but the ending completely dropped it down to 2 stars. Maybe I would have liked the book better without the ending but in my opinion, the ending made the book so pointless and frustrating.

Non-stop - A series you marathoned 

When Queen of Shadows was coming out, I knew I had to get on with reading Throne of Glass. People were hyping it so hard and I honestly wanted to get into this series. So I marathoned the first four books before waiting a little while and then getting Queen of Shadows. Now I know the pain of waiting for the next Throne of Glass book and I am dying because I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXTTTTT.

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story - A book/series you feel like will be remembered throughout history

HARRY POTTER. I haven't read too many classics so this is honestly the best I could do but I honestly think these books will be remembered through history. The books came out almost 20 years ago and we still have more books coming out! I definitely think Harry Potter will be the books I read to my kids 15 or 20 years from now because they're so good and have really impacted books of the middle grade and young adult genre.

BONUS QUESTIONS:


Helpless - A relationship you were pulling for from the very start

I'm going to go with Jace and Sam from My Life Next Door for this question. Not only because I knew they were going to get together, but because they are so good for each other, despite coming from two different families. I also really love how they started getting to know each other before really dating and still getting to know each other after they got together. Ugh, they're just so cute and I really love reading about them.

Ten Duel Commandments - Favorite fight scene

There have been many great fights scenes out of the books I've read but my most recent favorite has to be the one from Queen of Shadows. Not only because it was SO EPIC but also because so much was happening, it was really hard to get bored with it all. A lot of surprising information was also revealed in this fight scene and I am looking forward to reading more on how that impacts the rest of the story.

What Comes Next - A series you wish had more books

The book I remember finishing and immediately wanting more was PS I Still Love You. It was a fabulous ending to Lara Jean's story but I wanted more at the same time and there were so many questions that went unanswered for me. Plus, getting to be able to keep reading about Lara Jean and Peter would be awesome because they're so cuuuteeeee.

Right Hand Man - Favorite BROTP

I honestly I feel bad because I can barely name three BROTPs BECAUSE THEY I NEVER FIND THEM IN BOOKS FOR SOME REASON. Maybe it's me but I feel like I lack books with BROTPs in my life. The BROTP I remember the most has to be Jasper and Waylan from Six of Crows. These two are pretty different but I really love how they slowly become friends and make this book just a bit better with Jesper's sass and Waylan being the one to always roll his eyes at him.

Wait for It - Book you are dying to read 

So many books can answer this question but the one that I have to mention is the sequel to Crooked Kingdoms. Six of Crows ended in such a cliff-hanger way, you can't blame me for wanting to get my hands on the next book because, let's be real. We're all dying to find out what happens after the ending of Six of Crows. I am super excited to read it and look forward to seeing how it goes! And yay more Leigh Bardugo because I loooove her writing and plots and stories and there are really no words to express my love for Leigh.

It's Quiet Uptown - A book or series that put you in a book hangover

The only time I have gotten a really bad book hangover when reading is when I finished a series or Queen of Shadows. Yes, here we go again about Queen of Shadows. (I'm sorry okay I just really liked that book.) I don't know, Queen of Shadows left me wanted to just lay on the floor scrolling through the Queen of Shadows tag on Tumblr. YEP, that's how you know something has left a mark on me! I scroll through the Tumblr tag heh... But yes! Queen of Shadows definitely gave me just a bit of a hangover after reading.

And Peggy! - A book that is totally underrated

MAGONIA. This book is kind of underrated around the book community and also kind of underrated on my blog... (LOL WHOOPS.) But, anyway, I loved Magonia so much. The book really took me by surprise because the plot was a lot different than what I had expected it to be, in a good way! The writing was also really interesting to read with. I really enjoyed it and if you like fantasy books I would definitely recommend Magonia.

Lafayette - A character that immigrated to the United States!

I think the only book I have read where there is a character who is an immigrant would be in Joyride. One of the main characters, Carly, immigrates from Mexico to the United States. The fact that Carly is an immigrant plays a pretty big part in Joyride and I really enjoyed reading about how that affected her life. As a first generation Chinese-American, I really appreciated reading about immigration in YA and definitely hope that there will be more of that in other YA novels because it is just as real and needed as people of color and plays a big role in the diversity of this world and America.

I tag

Sam @ Rebel Books

So tell me: Have you heard/listened to Hamilton? What are your thoughts on it and the books featured here? Have you read any of the books I talked about!??! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top