I Found Another Guy to Add to the Hot Nerd Dream Team // Thoughts on The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord

The Start of Me and You Author: Emery Lord Pages: 384 Published by: Bloomsbury Release Date: March 31st 2015 It’s been a year sin...

The Start of Me and You

Author: Emery Lord
Pages: 384
Published by: Bloomsbury
Release Date: March 31st 2015
It’s been a year since it happened—when Paige Hancock’s first boyfriend died in an accident. After shutting out the world for two years, Paige is finally ready for a second chance at high school . . . and she has a plan. First: Get her old crush, Ryan Chase, to date her—the perfect way to convince everyone she’s back to normal. Next: Join a club—simple, it’s high school after all. But when Ryan’s sweet, nerdy cousin, Max, moves to town and recruits Paige for the Quiz Bowl team (of all things!) her perfect plan is thrown for a serious loop. Will Paige be able to face her fears and finally open herself up to the life she was meant to live?

Goodreads

I've heard fabulous things about Emery Lord, so many people love her books and as someone who followers her on twitter, I really love her tweets. I've owned this book for basically a year now and didn't get to it until now, and I really wish I had done so sooner because not only was it such a good read, The Start of Me and You was really addicting and I found myself really loving Emery's writing. If you're looking for a cute contemporary, I would definitely pick up this book. Emery is my new favorite author guys, I'm so excited.

The first thing I wanted to talk about with this book was how much I loved Emery's writing style. It wasn't very different from a traditional style but I loved the voice she wrote in; It felt different from other books. No, the book wasn't written in some crazy format or style but I could really hear Emery's "voice" within the writing and I loved that.
Another thing I really loved about this book was how awesome the characters were; they were all so likable. Max and Ryan are both such gentlemen and I love how different they are from each other. Because they're cousins at the same age, they're best friends and it was interesting to see how the two got along even though they were so different from each other.

I especially really admired how close Paige and her friends are. I definitely saw me and my friends a little in Paige's friends. They were so supportive of each other and have a very healthy friendship. I loved how they were all very respectful of each other, didn't cause any drama within the group, even though there could have been many moments where drama could have broken through. Paige and her friends are friendship goals.

I really loved the character Paige went through throughout the book. It wasn't that hard to figure out either because Emery literally has a paragraph in the book talking about Paige's character development. It was nice to see the changes she had gone through. Paige starts this book really affected by her boyfriend's death and it was nice to see her get her life back, meet new people, try new things, and just really recover from her boyfriend's death. It is definitely really hard, to know someone so young die, and I enjoyed reading about Paige finally step up and accept his death and really come to terms with it.

Finally, Max is such a cutie. Get ready for him. And Ryan? Just as much as a cutie. Ugh, such good friends to Paige. Maybe they should come real life. Yeah, that would be nice.

OKAY, when I first started this book, I didn't realize that Max would be such a swoony character. Like don't get me wrong, Ryan is such a great character and person and I love him BUT DAMN MAX THOUGH. As someone who is more of a "nerdy" person who likes the shows that no one watches and likes to go to cafes and READ, Max is kind of like the dream. God god god god another person to add to the "hot nerd dream boyfriend" list yesssss.

Also, the ending of this book was so sweet. EMERY'S BOOKS ALWAYS END TOO SOOON AHHHHH. It was so quick but it made me so happy. I LOVED THE POSTCARD THING OH MY GOD. Yes, I do go back and reread the ending of this book because it makes me so 
A sequel about Paige and Max is something I would definitely be interested in.

I love how little girl and boy drama there was in this book. When I was reading it, I really thought that Paige was going to get with Ryan and then she would have to break Ryan's heart to eventually get with Max. Also, Ryan liking Tessa was something that I thought would bring drama into the book but I am so so so glad that didn't happen because it just showed how strong of a friendship Paige had with her friends.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Back to Top